Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Long Break

Here I go again having to play catch up. The school year started which means I went back to work. I am so exhausted when I get home that I cant even think about updating. First things first- work. Its been extremely stressful. We are two teachers short and for some reason they can't figure out how to hire people. Then you have adults that act like children. The good thing is that my boss actually did her job,this time, and handled the situation.
On to the kids. Go back to August and we bought Zach a cell phone for his B-Day. Well 3 weeks ago after school he tells me that he lost it. Said he had it in the morning and then gone in the afternoon. So he got the wrath of his mother. We came home and searched our house and couldn't find it. Neil and I spent all that night calling it - its was off. Then I spent the whole next day callling, with no luck. Until right after school got out- then the phone was on. So in the 1/2 hour it took me to get home and to the Verizon store the phone had been making calls. In the process of getting the phone deactivated the phone had made 28 minutes of calls. We figure the phone is a lost cause until 3 days later when the bus driver tells Neil that she has Zach's phone. She was handed the phone that morning by a student. Come to find out a sibling pair- a 5th grade girl and her 3rd grade brother had stolen it. I called the school and the principal was looking into the incident. Come to find out the mother of said children knew they had the phone and told her 3rd grader to take it back. She also said" I don't understand why they had it cause they have their own phones". Anyway, no punishment given at school because(to quote the principal) " These are not bad kids and i think just having them in my office was enough". I am so MAD. They are old enough to know what they did was wrong. Then one week later the so called "good kids" got kicked off the bus because of fighting!
Amber has been busy with her classes. She has had alot of projects already. She is looking forward to playing in the Powder Puff game and going to homecoming.
More posts to come...

No comments: